Managing Your Account Security
The handling of our customers’ personal tax information requires stringent security and process management. It is our number one priority in delivering our CobourgTax.com online tax portal services to you as a division of Yalkezian Inc. We are committed to ensuring your privacy with the utmost responsible care and handling of your data,b using the most reliable and trusted online security systems and software.
It’s important to note that your data is protected through encryption and that all electronic communication between your devices and our secure site, will pass through this encryption security gate. Most browsers today utilize an encryption method called Transport Layer Security (TLS). TLS is software-based security protocol that encodes data before it is transmitted over the Internet. When you create your online account with us at CobourgTax.com (Operated by Yalkezian Inc), you will be prompted to provide self-identifying details consistent with personal information that you must share with your tax preparer and you will be able to create your own username and password for complete customization and easy access for your return visits. The account set up process truly is our first step in creating that security handshake between your computer systems and our secure site.
Steps you can take to ensure the security of your account information
There are several things you can do to protect your online account information:
- Keep your Username and Password confidential.
- Avoid recording your login details where they could be easily read, discovered or deciphered by a
- Confidential information, such as login details or sensitive tax identification information, should
never be sent via unsecured email servers.
- When uploading files to the our secure site, you may choose to attach PDF or JPG/PNG images that
provide an additional layer of content security than a standard word or text document.
- It’s advisable to frequently update/change your account passwords for websites like ours, where
sensitive information is exchanged and files are available for download. You can always update or
change your account password within your profile on CobourgTax.com.
- CobourgTax.com suggests that you never leave your browser open and unattended and that you
always sign off before leaving your computer.
- Similarly, it’s and important security habit to always sign off before accessing other web sites that
may have viral computer “bots” which is a type of software robot that performs automated, repetitive
and pre-defined tasks and is capable of scraping information from any other websites you have open on your browser.
What happens if I forget to sign off?
No need for concern, we disable your online account if there has been no activity for a prolonged period of time. The system will automatically sign off and you can easily access your online account by re-entering your login details. That said, the team at CobourgTax.com strongly encourages you to sign out and sign off whenever you have concluded your visit or you expect to be away from your computer system for a longer period of time.